Listen on iTunes. Listen on Stitcher.
In today’s episode of the Gym Laird show, Jim is joined in studio with his client Rachael Bertram Mathews.
Jim asked Rachael to share her story as she has done what a lot of women do to lose weight only to gain weight.
She shares how she:
– Was training boot camp 4 days a week at 5am
– How her previous coach told her to add more cardio once she plateaued
– How her motivation dwindled and she couldn’t bring herself to go to boot camp
– Discovered powerlifting when her friend told her about Gym Laird
– Why Jim told her she needed to train less and calm down when they started working together
– How she started working with Alex Navarro and used Carb Nite® and Carb Backloading™
– Once she got her nutrition and exercise in check how her moods changed
– Why she benefits from having a coach
– Why self care is important
3 years of 3-4 times a week 5 am boot camp. Last 6-8 months added a second session a day. Weight was 160 lbs and gaining weight while overtraining.
Training with Jim for 3 years. Strength training 3 times per week. 4 powerlifting meets, lifestyle change, making sleep and getting outside a priority. Stress management and nutrition. Weight is 135 lbs.
Squat 220 lbs
Bench 126 lbs
Deadlift 303 lbs