In today’s episode of HER Body™, Alex speaks with client and certified nutritionist, Christalyne Causey.
Their main topic of discussion is how Christa realized and overcame her disordered eating and over training.
To reach the main topic, they discussed the following:
– What lead Christa to become a nutritionist
– What she does now professionally
– How she realized she was not putting into practice what she was teaching clients
– Restrictive eating to diet down to 105 lbs
– Binge eating and anorexia
– Being a ballet dancer while dealing with an eating disorder
– Constant injuries and living in pain
– Taking diet to extremes by going vegetarian then vegan
– Why diets weren’t working because of her celiac
– How her family would point out that she lost more weight
– How she hid her malnourishment and size with clothing
– Adding more exercise and over training
– When she realized she needed help and asked her father for it
– Being in a rehab clinic
– Trying more “healthy” diets because of cancer diagnosis and being sicker
– How she discovered Carb Nite® and then Carb Backloading™
– Figuring what carbs worked for her
– Why therapy is important
– Using all the tools in her tool box to help clients today
Christalyne Causey is a Certified Nutritionist and Licensed Aesthetician currently working on her PhD in Endocrinology. A former dancer with a history of disordered eating and over exercising, she loves educating and empowering her clients on making informed decisions about their nutrition, training and lifestyle. As the owner of The Causey Effect and Bare Aesthetics Skincare and Nutrition, Causey also loves promoting skincare and the connection between diet, hormones and healthy skin.
To learn more about Christalyne’s work, click the following links: