Listen on iTunes. Listen on Stitcher.
GYMLAIRD 32 – Dr. Pat Davidson
DISCLAIMER: Strong language used.
In this longer podcast, Jim is joined by Dr. Pat Davidson to discuss a wide range of topics.
Topics covered include:
– Exercise patterns
– The importance of training beginners in the gym
– Coaches taking credit for great athletes
– Performance vs Health
– Extreme training methods for general population
– Why kids need to play outdoors
– Evolution of movement
– Environmental changes
– Mismatched diseases
– Why floating is hard for Jim
– The importance of sleep
– Honesty in using performance enhancing drugs
– What the #1 PED is
Pat Davidson, Ph.D, is an exercise physiologist, strength and conditioning coach, author, consultant, and traveling lecturer. Pat started out in the fitness world as an athlete who was looking to find any training and nutrition tool possible to make him the best he could possibly be at sports. This passion for training knowledge ultimately led Pat to pursuing a Master’s in Science in Strength and Conditioning, and a Ph.D in Exercise Physiology. Pat has worked as a Professor of Exercise Science at Springfield College and Brooklyn College, along with being the Director of Continuing Education and Training Methodology at Peak Performance in NYC.
To learn more about Pat’s work and articles mentioned, click the following links:
2. Testosterone Tested as Male Contraceptive
3. Zoos Drive Animals Crazy