In today’s podcast, Jim is joined by physical preparation coach, Ryan Patrick.
Topics discussed are:
– Specific skill set for performance
– Why you need to take a break from meet preparation after a competition
– Why you need to let your body recover
– What does variability mean?
– The importance of range of motion
– Why you shouldn’t always focus just on correctives
– How to increase your capacity
– The effects of life stress on performance
– Deload weeks are necessary
– How to help yourself outside the gym
– Coaches should always be learning and improving their knowledge base
– Learning to say no and finding your priorities
– How Ryan was come to be known as “Snuggles”…
Ryan Patrick is a physical preparation coach for athletes and powerlifters in Northern Kentucky. He is a record holding powerlifter, husband to 1, dad to 7 animals (only two have four legs), and coach to many. His team routinely builds robust, powerful, and resilient athletes. He is the owner of Peak Fitness & Sports Training in Crescent Springs, KY.
To learn more about Ryan’s work, click the following links: